7 months ago
On January 1, 2014, California Education Code Section 60640 established the CAASPP System of assessments. The CAASPP - CalEdFacts Web page provides a more detailed overview of the system. For 2014–15, the CAASPP System includes the following required assessments and tools:
- Smarter Balanced Assessments – The Summative Assessments, Interim Assessments, and Digital Library are all part of the CAASPP System.
- Summative Assessments – In grades 3 through 8 and 11 for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics. The Summative Assessments are administered as part of the CAASPP System.
- Interim Assessments – Designed to inform and promote teaching and learning by providing information that can be used to monitor student progress toward mastery of the Common Core State Standards. These optional resources are available to all K–12 teachers in ELA and mathematics.
- Digital Library – Consists of tools and practices designed to help teachers utilize formative assessment processes for improved teaching and learning in all grades. These optional resources are available to all K–12 teachers.
- The Formative Assessment Process (PDF; Posted 26-May-2015) – a Smarter Balanced document describing the four attributes of the formative assessment process.
- Alternate Assessments for ELA and mathematics in grades 3 through 8 and 11. The California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA) for ELA and mathematics has been eliminated. All CAPA eligible students will instead participate in a field test of an alternate assessment to be administered from April 15 to June 10, 2015. The CAPA for science in grades 5, 8, and 10 will continue to be administered until a replacement assessment is available.
- Science Assessments in grades 5, 8, and 10 (i.e., California Standards Tests [CST], California Modified Assessment [CMA], and CAPA).
- Standards-based Tests in Spanish (STS) for reading/language arts in grades 2 through 11 (optional).